Pocket Rough Guide Isle of Wight
Make the most of your time in Great Britain with the ultimate travel guides.
Entertaining, informative and stylish pocket guide.
Discover the best of the Isle of Wight with this compact and entertaining pocket travel guide. This slim, trim treasure trove of trustworthy travel information is ideal for short-trip travellers and covers all the key sights (Osborne House, The Needles, Shanklin Old Village), restaurants, shops, cafés and bars, plus inspired ideas for day-trips, with honest and independent recommendations from our experts.
Features of this travel guide to the Isle of Wight:
– Compact format: packed with practical information, this is the perfect travel companion when you’re out and about exploring the Isle of Wight
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most of your trip
– Incisive area-by-area overviews: covering Ryde, Cowes, Shanklin, Yarmouth, Ventnor and more, the practical ‘Places’ section provides all you need to know about must-see sights and the best places to eat, drink and shop
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Day-trips: venture further afield to Bonchurch or Freshwater Bay. This tells you why to go, how to get there, and what to see when you arrive
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, health, tourist information, festivals and events, plus an A-Z directory
– Attractive user-friendly design: features fresh magazine-style layout, inspirational colour photography and colour-coded maps throughout
– Covers: Cowes and around, Newport and around, Ryde and around, the east coast, the south coast, Ventnor and around, Brighstone to Alum Bay, Yarmouth and around
Looking for a comprehensive travel guide to England? Try The Rough Guide to England for an informative and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Book Your Trip To England
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right