Discover these picture-perfect Belgian cities with the most incisive and entertaining travel guide on the market. You can take this handy, pocket-sized book out with you anywhere, any time. Whether you plan to admire medieval Flemish art and modern masterpieces, explore on foot, by bike or canal boat, or simply track down the best beer and chocolate, Pocket Rough Guide Bruges and Ghent will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Perfect for short trips – compact and concise, with all the practical info you’ll need for a few days’ stay.
– Free pull-out map, as well as full-colour maps throughout – navigate Ghent’s bustling centre or criss-cross Bruges’ canals without needing to get online.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Bruges and Ghent’s unmissable sights and experiences.
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, with options to suit every budget.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Detailed island coverage – whether visiting the big sights or venturing off the tourist trail, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Chapters cover each neighbourhood in depth, with all the sights and the best of the nearby shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs.
– Areas covered include: Bruges; Damme and Ghent. Attractions include: Bruges: The Belfort, Groeninge Museum, Begijnhof. Onze Lieve Vrouwekerk, Sint Janshospitaal, Heilig Bloed Basiliek, Minnewater; Ghent: St Niklaaskerk, Design Museum, Museum voor Schone Kunsten, The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb (on display in Sint-Baafskathedraal), SMAK (Museum of Contemporary Art), and many more.
– Day-trips – venture away from the towns to the village of Damme or the World War I battlefields of Flanders.
– Essentials – crucial pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, health, tourist information, festivals and events, and more.
– Background information – an easy-to-use chronology, plus a handy language section and glossary.
Book Your Trip To Belgium
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right