Discover this vibrant city with the most incisive and entertaining travel guide on the market. You can take this handy, pocket-sized book out with you anywhere, any time. Whether you plan to explore the Ben Youseff Medersa, mingle with the storytellers on the Jemaa el Fna or go shopping in the souks, Pocket Rough Guide Marrakesh will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Perfect for short trips – compact and concise, with all the practical info you’ll need for a few days’ stay.
– Free pull-out map, as well as full-colour maps throughout – navigate the backstreets around Souk Smarine or explore the southern Medina without needing to get online.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Marrakesh’s unmissable sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned days to help you organize your visit.
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, with options to suit every budget.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Detailed city coverage – whether visiting the big sights or venturing off the tourist trail, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Chapters cover each neighbourhood in depth, with all the sights and the best of the nearby shops, cafés, restaurants, bars and clubs. Areas covered include: Jemaa el Fna; northern Medina; the souks; the Kissaria; southern Medina; the Mellah; Agdal Gardens; Ville Nouvelle; Palmery. Attractions include: Koutoubia; Jemaa el Fna; Ben Youseff Medersa; El Badi Palace; Majorelle Garden; Almoravid Koubba; Saadian Tombs; Menara Gardens; Maison Tiskiwin; Dar Si Said.
– Day-trips – venture further afield to the High Atlas mountains (Imlil, the Ourika Valley and Oukaïmeden) and Essaouira.
– Accommodation – our unbiased selection of the top places to stay, to suit every budget.
– Essentials – crucial pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, health, haggling, festivals and events, and more.
– Background information – an easy-to-use chronology, plus a handy language section.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with Pocket Rough Guide Marrakesh.
Book Your Trip To Morocco
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right