The Rough Guide to Dordogne and the Lot
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide.
Discover Dordogne and the Lot with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to visit deep cave formations resplendent with prehistoric art, marvel at cliff-edge castles or sample one of the many truffle-toting restaurants, The Rough Guide to Dordogne and the Lot will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Dordogne and the Lot:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Dordogne and the Lot
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Bergerac, Cahors and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the Parc Naturel Régional des Causses du Quercy, with its swathes of wild limestone plateau, and the intriguing maze of medieval lanes that make up Sarlat-la Canéda
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of the best sights and top experiences to be found in Monpazier, Cordes-sur-Ciel and St-Cirq Lapopie
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Dordogne and the Lot, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– Covers: Périgueux and the north, Bergerac and around, Sarlat and the Périgord Noir, the Upper Dordogne valley and Rocamadour, the Lot valley and around, south of the River Lot
You may also be interested in: Rough Guides to France, Languedoc & Roussillon and Provence & the Côte d’Azur
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Book Your Trip To France
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right