The Rough Guide to Scotland
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide.
Discover the Scotland with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest and independent recommendations by our experts. Whether you plan to explore the Cairngorm Mountains, walk the West Highland Way, taste some local whisky or go downhill-cycling at Glentress, the Rough Guide to Scotland will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Scotland:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Scotland
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Islay, the Caledonian Forest and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the stunning Cullin Range and the spectacular South Harris beaches
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Tobermory, Iona, Ailsa Crag and the Knoydart Peninsula’s best sights and top experiences
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Scotland, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– Covers: Edinburgh and the Lothians; the Borders; Dumfries and Galloway; Ayrshire and Arran; Glasgow and the Clyde; Argyll and Bute; Stirling; Loch Lomond and the Trossachs; Fife; Perthshire; Northeast Scotland; the Great Glen and River Spey; the north and northwest Highlands; Skyes and the Small Isles; the Western Isles; Orkney and Shetland
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to the Scottish Highlands and Islands, Pocket Rough Guide Edinburgh and The Rough Guide to Great Britain
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Book Your Trip To Scotland
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right