Discover this exciting destination with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to island-hop your way down the Andaman coast, sample street food at Bangkok’s night markets or trek to the hill tribes around Chiang Mai, The Rough Guide to Thailand will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout- navigate Bangkok’s backstreets and stroll around Krabi town without needing to get online.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Thailand’s best sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Bangkok; Chiang Mai; Ko Samui; Ko Pha Ngan; Ko Lanta; Phuket; Ko Phi Phi; Krabi; Ko Tao; Ko Chang; Ko Kood; Ko Samet; Ko Mak; Pai; Ayutthaya; Nakhon Si Thammarat; Nan; Ao Phang Nga.
Attractions include: Chatuchak Weekend Market; Jim Thompson’s House; Wat Pho; Khmer ruinsat Phimai; Khao Yai National Park; Wat Phra That Doi Suthep; The Grand Palace; Wat Phu Tok; The National Museum.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, outdoor activities, spas and traditional massage, meditation centres and retreats, culture and etiquette, travelling with children, and more.
– Background information- a Contexts chapter devoted to history, religion, art and architecture, flora and fauna, environmental issues, music, hill tribes, film and recommended books, plus a handy language section.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with The Rough Guide to Thailand.
About Rough Guides: Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our”tell it like it is” attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we’ve published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.
Book Your Trip To Thailand
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right