The Rough Guide to Tokyo
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide.
Get Olympic ready with this practical ‘tell it like it is’ guidebook to Tokyo. Featuring extensive listings and maps, this is packed with information to help travellers make the most of their Tokyo 2020 Olympic adventure.
Discover Japan with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to scoff sushi, be dazzled by neon Akihabara or drink sake until your head spins, the Rough Guide to Tokyo will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Tokyo:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Japan
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Harajuku, Asakusa and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the dizzying lights of Shinjuku and awe-inspiring presence of Senso-ji Temple.
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Roppongi, Ginza, Akihabara and Bayside Tokyo’s best sights and top experiences
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Japan, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– Covers: the Imperial Palace and around; Ginza and around; Akihabara and around; Ueno and around; Asakusa and around; Ryogoku and Kiyosumi; Bayside Tokyo; Akasuka and Roppongi; Ebisu and the south; Harajuku; Aoyama and Shibuya; Shinjinku and the west; Ikebukuro and the north.
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Japan, Pocket Rough Guide Tokyo, The Rough Guide to China
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Book Your Trip To Japan
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right