Discover these spellbinding regions of central Italy with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to catch the Siena Palio, rent a villa in the Valnerina or explore the extraordinary art collection of Florence’s Palazzo Pitti, The Rough Guide to Tuscany and Umbria will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
– Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
– Full-colour maps throughout – navigate the tight-knit alleys of central Florence or the winding roads of Chianti without needing to get online.
– Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
– Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of Tuscany and Umbria’s best sights and experiences.
– Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
– Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
Areas covered include: Florence; Fiesole; Chianti; Prato; Pistoia; the Valdinievole; Lucca; Barga; the Orecchiella; Pisa; Livorno; Elba; The Maremma; Siena; San Gimignano; Volterra; Pienza; Montepulciano; Pitigliano; Arezzo; Cortona; Perugia; Lago Trasimeno; Gubbio; Assisi and the Vale of Spoleto; Spoleto and the Valnerina; Narni; Todi; Orvieto.
– Attractions include: Piano Grande; The Uffizi, Florence; Ponte delle Torri, Spoleto; Alpi Apuane; the Piero della Francesca trail; Chianti’s vineyards; Parco Naturale Regionale della Maremma; Campo dei Miracoli, Pisa; Abbazia di Sant’Antimo and many more.
– Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities and more.
– Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, art and architecture, books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with The Rough Guide to Tuscany and Umbria.
Book Your Trip To Italy
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right