The Rough Guide to Green Britain & Northern Ireland
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
Take a trip around Great Britain and Northern Ireland with this first edition of this unique book, your one-stop guide to travelling the country by electric vehicle (EV). Created in collaboration with Together for Our Planet, the Rough Guide to Green Britain & Northern Ireland features an unrivalled line up of sustainable attractions, activities, and places to stay and eat – all visitable by EV. Practical information and top tips – including the nearest EV chargepoints to each listing – take all the hassle out of planning an eco road trip. Whether you want to discover the biomes of the Eden Project in Cornwall, go wild swimming in Northern Ireland’s Lough Erne or chow down on locally sourced produce in Edinburgh, theRough Guide to Green Britain & Northern Ireland will help you find the top sustainable places to explore, eat, drink and sleep along the way. Perfect for an active holiday discovering the best of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Features of this travel guide to Green Britain & Northern Ireland:
– Detailed regional coverage with a sustainable travel focus: provides practical information and coverage of the best places to visit, sleep and dine, featuring great indoor and outdoor experiences
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip around Great Britain and Northern Ireland
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps highlight all the regions and their green travel highlights
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, from Land’s End to John O’Groats
– Ultimate cross-country itinerary: be inspired by our carefully planned route, to help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of the best green experiences in the country, from spotting seals at Blakeney Point to hiking Hadrian’s Wall Path and driving the North Coast 500
– Covers: London & the Southeast, the Southwest, Central England, Northern England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
You may also be interested in: Rough Guide to the North Coast 500
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Book Your Trip To England
Get your dream travel planned & booked by local travel experts
At Rough Guides, we understand that experienced travellers want to get truly off-the-beaten-track. That’s why we’ve partnered with local experts to help you plan and book tailor-made trips that are packed with personality and stimulating adventure - at all levels of comfort. If you love planning, but find arranging the logistics exhausting, you’re in the right place.Learn Morechevron_right